What is Early Intervention?
Early Intervention encompasses educational and therapy support services which helps to equip children who have special needs with key foundational developmental skills. Years of research have proven that Early Intervention is highly successful in helping children with developmental delays reach their full potential. Early intervention should begin between the ages of birth and school age as it is important to maximize the potential of the child during the optimal developmental window.
Our Early Intervention Programme serves children from two to six years of age who have a developmental delay or who are at risk for developmental delay. It offers a small group learning programme which is designed in the areas of physical, cognitive, communication, social or emotional, or adaptive development to address needs and build school readiness. We welcome children with diverse support needs. Together with the support of professional therapists from the Child Development Centre, we are a ‘one-stop’ intensive intervention service center for children who have special needs.
- To recognize individual child’s learning needs and to provide intervention for their developmental growth in a natural and engaging learning environment.
- To promote individual child’s readiness to access other educational settings by fostering their functional communication, play, social and school readiness skills.
- To collaborate and empower each family for comprehensive supports for their child’s development.
- To collaborate with other support services each child access to ensure consistent strategies and teaching
- Our teaching team is trained and experienced in early years’ education and special needs education.
- Teachers who have had experience supporting students in both private and public educational settings.
- A clinical team of Child Psychologist, Occupational Therapist as well as Speech and Language Pathologist who provide group and individual therapy services.
Our Teaching Philosophy
Our teaching philosophy is to support children gain crucial developmental skills required for lifelong learning. Our programme is a child centered programme which fosters connections between the child, their teachers as well as their peers. We acknowledge that children need to develop holistically in order for them to gain independence as such play, active learning, child choice, highly motivating materials, and positive behavioral supports are key to facilitating children’s growth in developmental areas. The programme helps further progress a children’s development of functional language and communication, pre-literacy, pre- numeracy, social interaction, and motor skills.
Our curriculum is aligned with the Singaporean MOE’s Nurturing Early Learners Framework. It is a framework which acknowledges child centered practice and is formed around young children’s interests and developmental needs.
As part of our practice we also develop Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for each child. Each child’ IEP outlines goals and objectives developed by the teachers, therapist in collaboration with parents to address skill deficits and build school readiness. Our EIP team members provide instruction using techniques that combine sound principles of early childhood special education and developmentally appropriate practices.
|Type of Programmes||5- Day Group||3-Day Group||2-Day Group|
|Session Time||AM / PM||AM / PM||AM / PM|
|Teacher to Student Ratio||1 : 4||1 : 4||1 : 4|
|Professional Support||OT & ST Group||OT & ST Group||Nil|
|Age Range||2 – 6 years old||2 – 6 years old||2 – 6 years old|
For registration or enquiries please contact us at 6397 7073 / 6397 6607 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomson Paediatric Centre (The Child Development Centre)’s Early Intervention Programme is now one of the approved Enhanced Pilot for Private Intervention Providers (PPIP).
The Enhanced Pilot for Private Intervention Providers (PPIP) is a subsidy scheme that offers additional choices in Early Intervention Programmes for children who have been referred to the Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC).
The subsidy will help parents to defray the cost of enrolling their children in selected Private Intervention Centres (PICs).
Find out more about PPIP FAQ here.
To find out more about PPIP Scheme please visit SG Enable Website here